Seven characteristics will define the new data-driven enterprise. Those companies able to make the most progress fastest stand to capture the highest value from data-supported capabilities.
The following are the seven characteristics of the data-driven enterprise:
- Data is embedded in every decision, interaction, and process.
- Data is processed and delivered in real time.
- Flexible data stores enable integrated, ready-to-use data.
- Data operating model treats data like a product.
- The chief data officer’s role is expanded to generate value.
- Data-ecosystem memberships are the norm.
- Data management is prioritized and automated for privacy, security, and resiliency.